SCOPE OF CONTEST
The “Britannia Khao World Cup Jao Contest” is a consumer contest (“Contest”) sponsored by Britannia Industries Ltd. (“Britannia”) and organised by BrandF1irst LLP (“Agent”) (collectively referred to as “Organizers”) wherein the customers who purchase certain products falling within the ambit of the Contest (“Product”) during the Contest period will find a 7 (seven) digit alphanumerical code on the Product (“Code”) that enables such customers to participate in the Contest (“Participant”).
Contest Details, Concept and Participation
- These terms and conditions apply to the Contest and aspects thereof (“Terms & Conditions”). The Terms and Conditions are also being published in Hindi (Devnagari Script). In the event of any discrepancy or contradiction in the Hindi translation of the Terms & Conditions vis-à-vis the Terms & Conditions published in English, the Terms & Conditions published in English shall prevail.
- On purchase of Product, Participants can register to participate by sending the Code as an SMS to 92620 92620.
- The Contest is valid from 00:00 Indian Standard Time (hereinafter referred to as “IST”) on 1st April 2019 till 23:59 IST on 15th June 2019 (hereinafter referred to as “Contest Period”). Britannia reserves the right to cancel/amend/extend the Contest Period without giving any notice/intimation. No claims/questions shall be entertained in
- Upon participation in the manner prescribed herein during the Contest Period, Participants will have the opportunity to win prizes including world cup tickets (“World Cup Prize”) and other exciting prizes (“Exciting Prize”) and also certain assured prizes upon reaching specified milestones. World Cup Prize winners and Exciting Prize winners will be shortlisted through random selection in accordance with these Terms & Conditions. Under no circumstances can ANY prize under the Contest (“Prize”) be exchanged or redeemed for cash, kind, or other Prize.
- In addition to the other eligibility criteria contained herein, Participants having a valid PAN Card, having a validly registered mobile number in their name which number should be used to participate in the Contest AND any one of the following government approved photo ID proof, namely, passport, voter card, driver’s license, or Aadhar card which is valid during the Contest Period will be eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Employees of Britannia and their relatives, or employees of Britannia's affiliates, group companies, and marketing and promotion agencies and their respective relatives are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable Central, State and Local Laws and Regulations in India.
For any queries pertaining to this Contest, consumer or Participants may visit www.britanniacontest.com (“Contest Website”) or call at the Customer Care Number 96676 75588 from Monday to Saturday between 10:30 IST to 17:30 IST (lines closed on public & bank holidays).
Agreement to Terms & Conditions
By participating in this Contest, the Participant unconditionally agrees to abide by the applicable terms and conditions which are available on the Contest Website.
- Organizers reserve the right to exclude any person from the Contest on grounds of misconduct (whether proven or alleged) or criminal record.
- Organizers decision shall be final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Successfully entering the Contest and winning a prize is subject to fulfilment of all requirements set forth herein.
- The Organizers reserve the right, without prejudice to their other rights in law, to reclaim the Prize, if any person is found guilty of misconduct at any later period.
- This Contest is open only to Indian Citizens above 18 years of age as of 1st April, 2019 and who are ordinarily resident in India.
- Participants expressly agree and give their consent to be contacted by Organizers for the purpose of this Contest even if they are registered under National Do Not Call Registry or Do Not Disturb Register or such equivalent registry as may be applicable.
Contest Period & Contest Timing
- The Contest will commence from 00:00 IST on 1st April 2019 and shall run till 23:59 IST on 15th June 2019. Entries received before or after the Contest Period will not be considered eligible for Contest.
- The Participants can make an entry at any time during the Contest Period.
- The time at which the entry is received through the ‘SMS’ mode of participation will be considered as the time of participation for the purposes of the Contest.
Prize on every valid entry (“e-Gift”):
E-booklet, filters, ringtone, wallpaper, GIF, stickers, emojis on the Participant sending an SMS with the valid code, s/he will receive an SMS with the link to download the gift.
Prize on every 100 Runs Scored (100/200/300/400 and 500 being maximum) (“Assured Prize”):
- E-Voucher (Mobile credit/ wallet cash/ cab aggregator credit/Digital Premia).
- Britannia merchandise such as trays, coasters, bottles, etc.
World Cup Prize & Exciting Prize:
Each World Cup Prize Winner will be eligible to receive a ticket to a particular, pre-determined World Cup match. Exciting Prizes include televisions, motorcycles and microwaves.
It is clarified that the material specifications of all Prizes and, in particular, World Cup Prizes and Exciting Prizes, and all related aspects thereto, will be at the sole and absolute discretion of the Organizers and will be made available on an as-is-where-is and whatever-is-available basis.
Trip to the World Cup will include the below:
- Economy return tickets between Mumbai and UK.
- Hotel stay OR allowance (Trip duration: 3 nights and 4 days).
- Match ticket
- Local transfer or allowance.
- Meal or allowance.
- Above may be subject to change at the sole discretion of Britannia.
||Date of Lucky Draw
||17th April, 2019
||24th April, 2019
||1st May, 2019
||8th May, 2019
||15th May, 2019
||22nd May, 2019
||29th May, 2019
||5th June, 2019
||10th June, 2019
How to Register
To Participate in the Contest, Participants can register via SMS as per the process provided below: -
- On buying Product, Participant will find a 7 digit promo code (“Code”) mentioned on the Product pack.
- Participants are required to SMS the Code to 92620 92620 from any GSM or CDMA mobile phone number registered in India.
- Each Product wrapper can be used only once as participation entry.
e.g. SMS 9C2BW51 to 92620 92620
When the Participant sends an SMS in a valid format within the Contest Period, he/she will receive a response by way of an acknowledgement SMS along with the e-GIft. Such entries alone will be considered for the relevant lucky draw for the World Cup Prize and Exciting Prize subject to other Terms & Conditions of the Contest. Based on the time of receipt of a valid entry the relevant lucky draw under which Participant’s entry qualifies will be determined.
- Standard charges for sending SMS will apply as charged by the service provider to the Participant.
First 50 Special Offer (“Offer”)
- Britannia is sponsoring the ‘Britannia Khao World Cup Jao Contest’ - a consumer contest (“Contest”); the terms and conditions of which are stated in http://www.britanniacontest.com/terms_conditions.html (Original Terms).
- This Offer and terms and conditions thereto (“T&C”) are applicable only for consumers who are yet to participate in the Campaign (“Beneficiary”).
- The T&C is to be read in conjunction with the Original Terms. In the event of any conflict or contradiction between T&C & Original Terms, the provisions laid down in T&C shall prevail unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- Unless otherwise defined herein, capitalised terms used in this T&C shall have the same meaning as used in the Original Terms.
- The Offer can be availed once per Beneficiary from 9th May, 2019 to 15th June, 2019.
How to Participate:
- In order to avail the Offer, Beneficiary shall SMS the promo code A1B2C3D to 92620 92620 from any GSM or CDMA mobile phone number registered in India.
- Upon sending the SMS as mentioned above, the Beneficiary shall score 50 runs in the Contest.
- SMS with the A1B2C3D promo code can be used only once for participation per Beneficiary – for individuals who are yet to participate in the Contest.
- Beside the 50 runs, the Beneficiary shall NOT be entitled to any other benefit by virtue of using the A1B2C3D promo code, including but not limited to: (a) entitlement to any Prize, whether Assured Prize, Exciting Prize, or World Cup Prize; (b) entitlement to e-Gift; (c) be eligible to participate in lucky draw (if applicable).
How to Register for Tamil Nadu Participants:
A Participant ordinarily resident in Tamil Nadu will receive the e-Gift on sending the Code to 92620 92620. Thereafter, to be eligible to win a World Cup Prize or Exciting Prize, she/he will be required to answer a question or complete a sentence received through SMS. Based on the creativity, uniqueness, and originality of the answer of the Participant as sent via SMS, as judged by the Organizers, such Participant may be awarded the World Cup Prize/Exciting Prize.
The Organizers shall have sole discretion to shortlist Participants on the basis of their answers and no appeal/challenge from the same shall be entertained.
Tamil Nadu Participants will receive the same E-Voucher after every 100 Runs.
- Unless otherwise provided herein, a draw through computerized random selection process will be conducted for selecting winners for the World Cup Prizes and Exciting Prizes.
- Each Participant gets an e-Gift on every valid entry and will also be eligible to receive the World Cup Prize or Exciting Prize subject to satisfying the applicable requirements. On collecting 100 runs (and multiples thereof), Participants get Assured Prize (upto 5 times ONLY). After crossing 500 runs and/or getting the Assured Prize in relation to the same, a Participant would not be entitled to receive any further Prizes during the Contest Period.
- Participants are required to retain all Product packs, (i.e. empty wrappers) used for the purpose of sending an entry/entries during the Contest Period. Participants can be asked to send such Product packs to the Organizers or upload images thereof (as per discretion of the Organizers) on the Contest Website at any point of time by the Organizers. Participant would not be able to proceed with any further participation in the Contest process until such verification is done, if sought. Organizers would not be responsible or liable for any misplaced/mutilated/illegible/unreadable Product wrappers (whether attributable to Participant or otherwise) and/or any delay in submission of the same for any reason whatsoever. Failure to meet this requirement will lead to cancellation of entry(ies) of Participant, including forfeiture of any Prize that Participant may have been entitled to.
- For verification purposes, apart from what is stated herein, Participant will have to upload the Product wrapper(s) and also mention the packaging date and promo code which is printed on the pack(s). The said date will be printed on top of the Code on the pack. System will not consider any runs beyond this stage if verification process is not completed and only the runs scored till the last completed century will be considered.
- On being shortlisted for a World Cup Prize or Exciting Prize, Participant will be given 3-days-time to upload all the Product wrappers on the Contest Website and will be required to send the physical wrappers for verification to:- “BrandF1irst LLP, 252E, 3rd Floor, Sant Nagar, East of Kailash, New Delhi – 110065” with the Participant’s name, address, and phone number, which should reach within 7 days of being notified of this requirement. If the Product wrapper(s) uploaded is/are found to be unclear, illegible, mutilated etc., by the Organizers, then such Participant will be given 3 days’ time to rectify the deficiency and provide clear and legible copies of the Product Wrapper(s). If physical wrappers are found to be unclear, illegible, mutilated, etc., or conflicting with the uploaded image of the wrapper, the entry shall be deemed to be invalid.
- A Reminder SMS will be sent to the shortlisted winners for verification. If the Participant fails to comply with the verification requirements within 7 days of the first intimation, then she/he shall be deemed to have waived their right to receive the prize.
- All Participants who win a World Cup Prize or Exciting Prize will be required to submit a No Claim letter in the format prescribed by Britannia on redemption of the said World Cup Prize or Exciting Prize. Such Participants will co-operate with the Agent with respect to the prompt submission of the No Claim letter.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash or kind. In the event that the winner does not take the Prize in the time and manner stipulated, then the Prizes will be deemed to be forfeited. Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. Any unused prizes are not-transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for other goods or services and cannot be exchanged for cash or kind.
- The Prizes will be provided on an “as-is basis" and without any express or implied warranty or guarantee concerning the quality, suitability or comfort. The Organizers, their associates, affiliates, directors, officers, agents, representatives shall not be responsible or liable for any defect/deficiency or any other dispute in relation to and/or concerning the prizes including but not limited to any service or after delivery service problems/ issues and liabilities and the Organizers will not entertain any claims in this regard. It is clarified that each World Cup Prize winner will be entitled to ticket for a specific match and the said ticket would not be substitutable for tickets to any other match of the World Cup.
- Organizers are not responsible for any deficiency and/ or defect in, or relating to, any product/service and/or the Prizes or for any kind of consequential damages/ loss, in any manner whatsoever, if any Participant has any grievance with respect to the Prizes, the Participant may directly contact the manufacturer or supplier/retailer/service provider as may be applicable.
- The image of the Prizes depicted on the ads/posters/TVC’s/pack shots etc. are indicative only and the actual Prizes/ look of the Prizes may vary from the pictures.
- Organizers shall not be liable for any damage or loss caused as a result of cancellation / amendment of the Contest, amendment or revocation of all or part of these Terms and Conditions, any act of God, governmental action or other force majeure circumstances (or any event beyond the control of the Organizers). Organizers shall not be liable to pay any compensation for any such damage or loss caused.
- Participants who have already won 5 Assured Prizes on achieving 500 runs will not be eligible to win any more Prizes during the Contest Period.
- A World Cup Prize winner shall thereafter be rendered ineligible to participate in any further lucky draws during the Contest Period. A Participant who wins an Exciting Prize would be eligible to participate in subsequent lucky draws for a chance to win a World Cup Prize but would not be eligible for winning any Exciting Prizes in the subsequent lucky draws.
- All World Cup Prize winners who win World Cup tickets are required to have a passport valid for at least 6 (six) months post 14th July, 2019. Any Participant not meeting this requirement shall not be eligible to avail the Wold Cup Tickets. It is clarified that the responsibility for obtaining a valid Visa including but not limited to a Transit Visa (where applicable) for travel to the destination concerned as also for ensuring fulfilment of any other travel requirements will be solely and exclusively that of the Participant including the responsibility to meet all costs in relation thereto. The Organizers shall, if they so deem appropriate in any given case, render assistance to any Participant at their sole discretion without any obligation and/or responsibility on their part. It is clarified that the Organizers shall have no responsibility/liability if a Participant is unable to travel to the destination concerned due to failure to obtain a valid Visa/relevant travel documents/approvals within the applicable travel time and the Organizers shall entertain no claims in this regard. The Organizers will not be responsible or liable for any act or conduct of the World Cup Prize winners during their trip, or any consequences arising therefrom.
- Notwithstanding any of the abovementioned terms and conditions, Britannia reserves its rights to call upon the Participants to verify their wrappers/promo codes at any stage, which verification shall be a pre-condition for continued participation/winning.
Britanniacontest.com will be live for Terms & Conditions, Winner Announcements and for details of the Contest. On the Contest Website there will also be a tab for ‘Wrapper Upload’ option which when clicked, will take the Participant to another webpage on which a Participant will be asked to upload image(s) of the Product purchased by Participant as his/her entry(ies) to the Contest for preliminary verification purposes.
- Once the Participants are shortlisted, the Organizers shall contact each winner on the mobile number against which the participation entry was done.
- In the event if the shortlisted winner’s number is busy, unreachable, or he/she does not attend the call, an SMS will be sent to the Participant intimating her/him that the call was in relation to their having won a Prize in the Contest and further notifying them that two further attempts would be made to contact the Participant within the next 2 days and advising the Participant to answer the call. A similar procedure will be adopted if the Participant does not answer the second call and a third and final attempt at contacting the Participant shall be made. If even on the third attempt, the Participant does not attend the call, or is unreachable, the Participant’s participation in the Contest will come to an end and the Participant’s entry will not be considered for the Prizes. An SMS will be sent to the Participant intimating her/him of this aspect and notifying her/him of the end of their participation in the Contest.
- If any shortlisted winner remains unreachable on the third attempt or is not interested in continuing in the Contest or is otherwise ineligible to participate, the Organizers will conduct one more random selection to shortlist a Participant. If even after such selection, no winner is found, no Prizes shall be declared in respect to the said Prize.
- Names of World Cup Prize winners and Exciting Prize winners will be published on the Contest Website on finalization.
- The Prizes will be dispatched (as the case may be) to the confirmed winners after necessary verification and formalities are successfully completed.
- No Prizes will be awarded if the information presented by the Participant(s) at the time of entering the Contest is suspected to be incorrect or fraudulent either by the independent auditor or the Organizers basis the information earlier shared by the Participant at the time of first contact or for any other reason.
Stipulations of the courier/Postal service –
- Certain Prizes will be dispatched to the winners via courier. Whilst carrying the Prizes for the confirmed winner; the courier will carry a an acknowledgement receipt (POD).
- In areas where courier services are not available, the Prizes will be sent via Speed Post/Registered AD and all confirmed winners would be required to abide by applicable rules and regulations for the same.
- The Prizes will be given to the confirmed winners or their authorized family member in the event the confirmed winner is not available at the designated address, subject to adequate submission of proof by such authorized family member.
- In the event that the Prizes are sent by courier, the courier shall ask the confirmed winner or an authorised family member to sign the acknowledgement receipt (POD) as a proof of receipt of the Prizes, without which the Prizes will not be handed over.
- If the confirmed winner or the authorised family member of the winner present at the address does not cooperate as per the requirements mentioned herein with the courier or Speed Post official as the case may be, the winners would be required to personally collect the Prizes from the designated location at their own cost and expense; failure to do so within a conveyed timeline would lead to forfeiture of the Prize.
- The Participant/s undertake and irrevocably and unconditionally permit Organizers to cover the Contest through various media/platforms inter alia newspapers, radio, television, news channels, internet, point of sale materials, etc. Participant shall not raise any objection, protest or demur to such coverage and their use of name, voice, likeness, image, illustrations etc. by the Organizers in this regard.
- The World Cup Prize winners and Exciting Prize winners shall, at the request of the Organizers participate in all Contest related activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the Prizes free of charge, and they consent to the Organizers using their name and image in Contest material.
- All rights, title and interest, including but not limited to the intellectual property rights, in the Contest material(s) and in any and all responses received shall vest with Britannia and or its partners respectively. Britannia or any person or entity permitted by Britannia in this regard shall be entitled to use the responses received or any information in connection with the entry in any media/platform for future contest, marketing, publicity and any other purpose, without any permission and or payment to the Participant.
- All material submitted in connection with the Contest (whether written, audio, electronic or visual form, or a combination of those) or any photographs, video and/or film footage and/or audio recording taken of Participants are assigned to Britannia upon submission and become the property of Britannia exclusively. Britannia may use the material in any medium in any reasonable manner it deems fit. Copyright in any such material remains the sole property of Britannia and Britannia may use such material in any medium in any manner it deems fit.
- By participating in the Contest, Participant unequivocally and explicitly understands and agrees to the aforementioned clauses.
Notwithstanding any other disclaimer contained herein, the Organizers shall also not be responsible for
- Any SPAM, generated messages.
- The Operator Code not being displayed on the user’s mobile phones.
- Any SMS message delivery failures.
- Any lost, late or misdirected computer transmission or network, electronic failures or any kind of any failure to receive entries owing to transmission failures or due to any technical reason beyond the control of the Organizers.
- Failure to connect to the Participant if he/she has registered himself/herself to the Do Not Disturb Register of the telecom provider/ the Participant has registered with National Do Not Call Registry (or equivalent registry as may be applicable ) / Participant has specifically requested for not receiving messages for the specific Contest.
- Any other conditions beyond the reasonable control of Organizers.
- Any applicable taxes/charges/other statutory/non-statutory payments or any other legal expenses. Winners may incur/require to pay such expenses in relation to the Prize and the same shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
- By participating in the Contest, each Participant represents and warrants that he/she is legally competent to enter into binding contracts under applicable laws. By taking part and/or entering into the Contest the Participant warrants that all information provided by Participant regarding Participant’s name, age, state, city, address, phone number, etc., is true, correct, accurate and complete. The Participant further warrants that s/he is eligible and competent to participate in the Contest and abide by its terms and conditions.
- The Organizers shall only entertain disputes/complaints/queries made within a period of two months from the date on which the Contest Period ends. The Organizers shall not be liable to address any dispute/complaint/queries made after the expiry of the aforesaid two months.
- The Organizers shall not be liable to perform any of its/their respective obligations under the Contest or in respect of the Prizes where it is unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond its/their control in the nature of fire, explosions, natural calamities, state emergency, riots, or any other force majeure condition, etc., and shall not be liable to compensate the Participant in these circumstances. The Organizers shall not be accountable/liable for any disruptions/stoppages/interruptions or cancellation of the Contest due to any government restrictions.
- Failure to exercise or any delay in exercising a right or remedy provided hereunder or by law does not constitute a waiver of the right or remedy or waiver of other rights or remedies on the part of the Organizers.
- The Organizers accept no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, loss of SMS, loss of internet connectivity, batch codes, documents, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, unauthorized data hacking, deletion, theft, destruction, virus attack, transmission interruption, communications failure, hardware failure or otherwise. The Organizers shall not be liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred.
- If a Participant is dissatisfied with the Contest or the Contest rules and/or any content or any requirements of the Contest form, the materials available related thereto, or with these terms and conditions, his/her sole and exclusive remedy is to not participate in the Contest.
- Unenforceability or invalidity of one or more clauses in these Terms and Conditions shall not have an effect on any other clause in these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall be enforceable as per law.
Release and Limitations of Liability
- The Organizers shall under no circumstances be liable, whether jointly or severally, for any loss or damage suffered or sustained (including but not limited to consequential loss), including for personal injury or property damage suffered or sustained, as a result of acceptance of any Prizes.
- By entering the Contest, the Participant hereby releases and agrees to indemnify the Organizers from and against all liability, cost, loss or expenses arising out of acceptance of the Prizes or participation in the Contest including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct, indirect, consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission, or otherwise as well as any legal expenditure.
- The Participant shall be solely responsible for any adverse consequences which may arise due to his/her participation in the Contest. Participant also undertakes to indemnify the Organizers and/or their respective officers, directors, employees and agents on the happening of an adverse an event (including without limitation cost of attorney, legal charges etc.) on full indemnity basis for any loss/damage suffered by the Organizers on account of such act on the part of the Participant.
- In consideration of Britannia allowing the Participant/s to take part in the Contest, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Participant/s waive and release each and every right or claim, all actions, causes of actions (present or future) each of them has or may have against the Organizers, Britannia, their respective agents, directors, officers, business associates, group companies, sponsors, employees, or representatives for all and any injuries, accidents, or mishaps (whether known or unknown) or (whether anticipated or unanticipated) arising out of the Contest or related to the Contest or the Prizes of the Contest
The courts of competent jurisdiction at Bangalore shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any and all disputes arising out of, or in connection with, the Contest. Participation in the Contest is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including (without limitation) this clause.
Further, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms & Conditions, or the rights and obligations of the Participants and/or the Organizers with respect to this Contest shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India.